Tuesday, April 6, 2010

C is for Cuba

Today I am going to talk about my favourite country in the world, Cuba. I have been going to cuba for 12 years. It is the most relaxing country you will ever see. Everybody portrays Cuba as a bad, dangerous, and an un-orderly country. Where as the people who have been to Cuba portray it as a beautiful, none harmful, and a safe country. Yes it is a Communist country but it works for Cuba the truth is we see it as a bad country just because it is a Communist one. Communism doesn't work for us because since we have all that we have we would just want more and more. Communism is a system where everyone is guaranteed a job, food, and a safe place to live. It is actually a wonderful thing for Cuba. I have gathered info from the internet and if it wasn't communist 85% of the country would be hungry, and on the streets.



Honestly I just love Cuba sure they have weird things there like rock moving Tuesday. One time me and my dad came out of our room and all the employers were moving the rock it was weird. Ever since then we call it rock moving Tuesday. Another cool thing in Cuba is the mini submarine. It is as I said a mini submarine with windows all the way down the side. you get in and it is ti dark to see there is just this little hole of light at the top. Then they close the hatch it is totally dark, finally you go under the water and the sub lit up with blue rays as the windows open and you can see the underwater world. I saw huge turtles, sting rays, and sharks, it was amazing.


I think of Cuba as a second home to me. Everyone there is calm and it is not like our really fast paced life. When you get home you really notice the difference between Cuba and Canada. The only similar thing they have in common is that they both start with the letter c.
If you have never been to Cuba I suggest you go now!
Cuba will always mean something to me.
Life lesson: try new places you won't regret it.
I commented on Alex's blog.



2 comments:

  1. I have to disagree with you on allot of points here, there is a huge divide between the rich and the poor in Cuba, it's practically split in half, I went to Cuba around two or three years ago and went to a different half than you, to get to the resort we took the bus, and we saw all the not rich side of Cuba all living with only the communist system helping them which only gives them enough money to live, kind of like our welfare system but for every person in the country. Except if you live in the rich half of Cuba, you see, this half of Cuba is rich because of tourism, like if you work in a resort or hotel you steal things from the government like food, or if you make things like jewelry and sell them to tourists you make way more money than any doctors make in Cuba. It's true that everyone is guaranteed a job, but they all get the same amount of money (unless they work for the government or in the tourism industry) whether you clean the streets or you're a doctor, and that's not very much. Good blog, this subject is pretty controversial I think and it's good to write your opinions. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a great blog! I know i commented on your blog last week but i just cant help it because your blogs are soo great! I have to agree with you cuba is the best! I personally have never been there but it sounds very cool. Your blog taught me alot about cuba and maby next march break i will try to convice my family to go to cuba!! Keep it up dude!!

    Alex :)

    ReplyDelete