Wednesday, April 28, 2010

R is for rabbit

Sealpoint Mini Lionhead.jpgTwo weeks ago I got a rabbit it's name is Jupiter. Well technically it is my brothers rabbit, but I do most of the work. It is a male Lion head rabbit, it is five and a half weeks old. I will tell you in the next two to three paragraphs about this lion head rabbit. First I will talk about how it got its name and where it is from. Also I will talk about what it eats and how big it gets.

The reason the Rabbit is called a Lion Head Rabbit is because the fur on it's head. The fur on it's head grows into a lion like mane. Also the rabbit has the energy of a lion (no joke he is nuts) and a small lion like nose. This particular type of rabbits is actually the most un-rabbit like species of the rabbit. They are officially bred in England but the American Breeding association has the species now to breed them.

The Lion Head Rabbit eats a combination of dried corn, alfalfa, Dried seed and natural grass.
They can not have vegetables until they are at least 2-3 months old. The size of a Lion head rabbit is the size of a size six running shoe. The biggest it gets it only one to two shoe sizes larger. When the rabbit hits it's growth spurt it becomes more agile, quick and spastic.
When it is full of energy it does a move called a "binky"where it hops and its back legs twitch. When it lands from a "binky" it sprints a good couple of feet.

I hope that Lion Head Rabbits will be around for ever because they are one of the best and interesting species I have ever seen.

Life lesson: rabbits are awesome

I commented on Erics blog

No comments:

Post a Comment