Thursday, January 14, 2010

A is for Avatar

Oh my gosh a couple of weeks ago I saw the best movie in the history of man kind. The name of this great movie is Avatar, First of all the reason it is so cool is that the whole planet they are on is fake nothing is real. That makes it cool because the water is animated, the rocks are animated, and even the sky is animated. The next thing that makes it super awesome is that the blue people ( na'vi) actually look like the actor who is doing the voice. They take a picture from a camera download it onto the computer and then mix the actors image with the aliens image.


I liked the flowers in the movie when they illuminate with neon colours. There is this part when they climb floating cliffs and the cool thing is that the cliffs look real. what adds to that is they float so basically it looks like real cliffs just floating in the air. This movie is three hours long but I know some people who have seen it three times in the same day. Thats nine hours of your day sitting in a theatre watching a gigantic screen. That must burn you eyes and you would get super tired. I have seen it twice and i would defiantly go see it again because it is flawless.

This movie is the second most grossing movie of all time. they are saying in two weeks it will be far ahead of titanic. This movie cost 500 million dollars to make. Also they are holding box office records and they are still going up. I can't wait because they are going to make a second and third avatar. The writer wrote this when the movie industry did not have the kind of technology it needed to make it succeed. So he had all this extra time to perfect it so that is why it is flawless as I said earlier.

The movie really made me think about how the environment matters to some people. It may sound silly because it is kind of an action but the details are that they care about their environment. I hope everyone understands how important nature is. You should never judge a book by it's cover before I thought avatar was dumb because of the title of then I saw it and then I loved it. So once again never judge a book by it's cover.

1 comment: