Tuesday, November 10, 2009

How do authors try to create a feeling of empathy in their readers

Authors are amazing at creating feelings through words. For a good example the Bread Winner has tons of moments where I felt empathy. How the authors do this is they try to connect you with moments in the book. I think that Authors use parts that relate you to the character the most. If the character has no father and you have no father you understand how they feel this is empathy. Another one is where they put you through similar situations that can really make you feel empathy. We all know that the ways that the authors use will not work for everyone because not everyone lives the same way. Of course it is bound to work for someone there are millions of people on this planet.


Description is another great way to bring empathy upon readers. I think that is true skill being able to transport feelings through words. What I said earlier is description like say they describe the characters life and it is similar to yours you might feel empathy. Once again that depends on the person not everybody feels this as I explained earlier.


So finally I think empathy is always going to be in books no matter what the case is. Weather it is an action, drama, or comedy book feelings in books are always going to be there that's my post.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post Jordan. I like the way you used a lot of different words. Try to keep an eye on your punctuation. I think your blog is well constructed, and you made your point very clearly. Your paragraphs are really well written.
    GREAT BLOG!!!

    ReplyDelete